Monday, January 12, 2009

Episode 3 - Break Out (1)

Unaware of the chaos that occurred in the Tempest, Trey Waters lays on a couch as a psychologist assesses him.
“Do you regret what you did Trey?” asks the psychologist as he sits with a pad in his hand waiting for Trey to answer. He is a novice psychic, unable to clearly read minds but can sense a persons aura.
Trey faces the ceiling with his hands on his chest. “Yes.”
“What specifically do you regret?”
“It doesn’t matter,” Trey replies with a monotone voice.
“Why not?” asks the psychologists.
“You’re not going to let me out of here no matter what I say…” he states.
“I am here to help you recover Trey. For you to get released you need more than just regret, you need to be rehabilitated.”
“It won’t matter, we’ll all be dead soon.”
The psychologist writes on his pad. “I assume you are referring to your theory that the world is going to end with a drill blowing up the earth’s core?”
Trey turns to his side and faces the psychologist. “It’s a vision… I don’t expect you to believe me.” The psychologist senses Trey’s emotions. He knows Trey honestly believes in his vision.
“You’re not going to get any better by holding onto this dream,” the psychologist states, “and you’re not going to recover until you can acknowledge what you did was wrong.”
“I tried to kill the Mayor… yes I understand trying to kill someone is wrong… but maybe if I succeeded the future I see might not occur. So if you ask me what I regret, it’s that I did not succeed in killing him.” Trey lies back onto his back and does not say a single word for the rest of the session. The psychologist writes notes: Trey Waters is not going to be released anytime soon… Little does he know that tonight will be the last night Trey will spend in the institution.

No comments: