Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Lock Down (4)

Rieken Waters walks through the hallway of the Arraign Asylum, he has visited his brother many times, but this is the first time that he has walked down this corridor. He follows a robot that leads him to a door. The robot opens it and Reiken walks into a padded cell. In the cell are a toilet and a tap in one corner and single bed in the centre of the room. Trey sits on the bed staring at the ground.
“Why did I have to see you in your room?” Reiken asks his brother. “Why aren’t you in the visitors lounge?” Trey slowly turns his head to look at his brother. His skin is pale and has bags under his eyes. His whole body quivers as if the room is freezing cold, but his cell is warm. Reiken examines his brother. Trey’s wrist is wrapped up in a bandage. “What happened to your wrist?”
“I was attacked last night at dinner,” Trey replies slowly. “I don’t want to go near the other patients… so they are letting me stay in my room.”
Reiken is speechless.
“Did you talk to Alia?” Trey asks staring into his brother’s eyes with hope.
“I did… she…” Reiken pauses, seeing his brother hurts in the state he is in is agonising. “Don’t worry Trey… I’ll get you out of here. I promise you.” He walks up to his brother and hugs him. “I promise…”

No comments: