Saturday, May 10, 2008

Ties (3)

Just outside the city, the Arraign Asylum holds hundreds of mentally unstable beings, one of them being Trey Waters. Trey sits on a couch in the communal lounge area, staring blindly at a pot plant in the corner of the room. The scrawny twenty two year old is run down and stressed as he has not had a good night sleep in months. An android and a man come up to him.
“You have a visitor,” the android says. The man has a seat next to Trey as the Android leave them alone.
“How are you coping brother?” asks the man. Reiken Waters had been visiting his younger brother as often as he could manage since Trey had been admitted, he was Trey’s only visitor. “They keep trying to restrain me,” Trey replies in a soft monotone voice. “But that’s when it happens, that’s when I see it again.”
“Still having the dreams?”
“They are more vivid than ever.” Trey looks at his brother. His pitch changes from soft to sounding desperate. “You know I don’t belong here Reiken, I’m not crazy.”
“I know what happened wasn’t you, but there’s nothing I can do,” Reiken explains.
“You can get me out of here. You have no idea what it’s like in here… Please.”
“I’ve already tried. You’re just going to have to get better.”
“There is nothing wrong with me!” Trey exclaims. As he yells he begins to shake in pain as electric shocks serges through his body. As he shakes the other patients in the asylum stare at him. Trey stops shaking and looks around. One alien in particular is glaring at him, a Tusk alien. It is a large grey creature with skin as solid as rock, with spikes running down its back.
Trey breathes heavily as he puts his hand on the collar on his neck to show his brother.
“It’s so I remain calm,” he states. The two brothers look at each other in silence for a moment as Reiken looks concerned. “Can you just try?”
“I’ll talk to Alia, maybe she can help pull some strings,” Reiken says.
“Thank you… I can’t stay here like this…”

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Reiken = cool name methinks. And I like the electric shock device. Cruelty is fun, yes? :) Perhaps it could be a merchandise idea for your story...

ck. said...

haha the collar is one merchandise idea... i will be having an assorted figurene set also :D hehe along with the Centruy CD with songs on it like it "SPACE MAN..."